SAN FRANCISCO/LONDON – October 2, 2018 – TORA announced today that its cloud-based order and execution management system (OEMS) was recognized twice in the past week for its superior functionality and client support.
On September 20, TORA was awarded ‘Equity Trading System of the Year’ at the FOW and Global Investor Awards in Singapore. The awards recognize the very best achievements across the Asian capital markets.
TORA’s OEMS was also shortlisted in all three categories in The TRADE’s Leaders in Trading 2018: Algorithmic Trading and EMS Awards, which are based on an extensive industry-wide survey. TORA was shortlisted in the EMS Best Product Consistency, EMS Best Product Availability and EMS Best Customer Support categories.
These awards recognize the advancements TORA has made to its OEMS over the past year to help its buy-side clients meet increasing client and regulatory demands. Over the past twelve months TORA has added:
- A natively-integrated pre-trade TCA tool that analyses potential orders and uses machine learning as well as historical and real-time data to estimate slippage. Updating as the market moves, this tool gives traders critical market information to assist in trade selection.
- An AI-based AlgoWheel that provides traders ranking of normalized broker algos by slippage and, if required, automates the execution of low-touch orders, freeing the trader up to focus on high-touch orders.
- Integrations with all the major Approved Reporting Mechanisms (ARMs) and Approved Publication Arrangements (APAs) to help clients streamline their MiFID II transaction and trade reporting requirements.
- More advanced trade reconciliation and commission management tools to significantly reduce a buy side firm’s daily operational burden.
- A new dynamic reporting solution that gives clients insight into their trading operations. This tool comes with a broad range of pre-canned graphical reports and the ability for users to design and customize new reports on-the-fly.
- Advanced multi-portfolio re-balancing tools to allow straight-through processing from portfolio construction to order and execution management and back to the firm’s book of records.
- Industry leading pairs trading capabilities to cover a broad range of strategies.
“We’re thrilled to win ‘Equity Trading System of the Year’ from Global Investor and to be recognized by our clients in the annual TRADE survey for consistency, availability and support,” commented Robert Dykes, CEO at TORA. “All the credit goes to our incredible product management and development teams, who lead our efforts to collaborate with our clients’ requests on the development of highly tailored new tools that help them achieve the highest levels of trading and investment performance.”
TORA also continues to be a leader in driving the industry-wide conversation about transparency, particularly about the total cost of ownership of the trading stack including those costs being borne by their clients’ sell-side trading counterparts. A leading advocate of EMS and OMS fee transparency, TORA has contributed to independent research that has outlined existing industry pricing practices and informed of the ROI benefits that can be achieved with newer cloud-based trading technologies.
TORA’s clients, which include hundreds of the industry’s largest and most sophisticated institutional trading firms globally, average over $100 billion in monthly trading volume in equities, derivatives, FX and other asset classes.
TORA is the leading global provider of advanced investment management technologies supporting the full trading lifecycle. With a full suite of cloud-based, SaaS-delivered execution, analytics and compliance tools, as well as order, portfolio and risk management capabilities and a global FIX network, TORA’s products are utilized by hundreds of the industry’s leading hedge funds, asset managers, proprietary trading firms and sell-side trading desks globally. With headquarters in San Francisco, TORA has over 250 employees across offices in Hong Kong, Jersey, New York, Romania, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo. More information is available at www.stage.toratrading.tw
Forefront Communications for TORA