LONDON/SAN FRANCISCO, June 28, 2018 – TORA today announced that it was awarded Trading System of the Year at the Global Investor Awards last night in London. The awards celebrate outstanding performance and contributions to the financial industry.
TORA was recognized for significant achievements over the past twelve months before and after the introduction of MIFID II. TORA offers cloud-based multi-asset OMS, EMS, portfolio management, and TCA solutions. During this period TORA added significant product enhancements to help investors adhere to MiFID II and other new global regulations, including:
- A groundbreaking new AI-based tool within the TORA OEMS that analyses how effective trading decisions are at minimizing slippage versus a benchmark and that uses machine learning to provide pre-trade estimates to help traders improve execution quality. This real-time feedback mechanism was added as a direct response to the new, tougher, MIFID II best execution requirements.
- An AI-based AlgoWheel. This allows traders to see a slippage ranking of normalized broker algos and if required, automates the execution of low-touch orders to free more time to focus on high-touch orders.
- Direct OEMS integration with the leading European ARMs and APAs to allow straight-through- processing of this new trade and transaction data as required under MIFID II.
- An OEMS solution that provides more advanced trade reconciliation and commission management tools to significantly reduce the daily operational burden on asset managers.
- A new dynamic reporting solution that gives asset managers insight into their trading operations. This tool comes with a broad range of pre-canned graphical reports and users can design and customize new reports on-the-fly.
- Advanced multi-portfolio re-balancing tools to allow straight-through processing from portfolio construction to order and execution management and back into the firm’s books and records.
- Industry leading pairs trading capabilities to cover a broad range of strategies.
“We’re honoured to be recognized for the work we are doing to help our clients reach the highest levels of efficiency and performance and to stay ahead of the rapid evolving global regulatory landscape,” commented Robert Dykes CEO at TORA.
Over the last year, TORA continued to be a leading advocate of EMS and OMS fee transparency. Contributing to independent research reports outlining existing industry pricing practices and provided advice on how to maximize the return from investment that firms receive from newer-cloud based trading technologies.
TORA’s clients now average over $100 billion in average monthly trading volume over 100 exchanges daily across equities, derivatives, FX and other asset classes.
TORA is the leading global provider of advanced investment management technologies supporting the full trading lifecycle. With a full suite of cloud-based SaaS-delivered execution, analytics and compliance tools, as well as order, portfolio and risk management capabilities and a global FIX network, TORA’s products are utilized by hundreds of the industry’s leading hedge funds, asset managers, proprietary trading firms and sell-side trading desks globally. With headquarters in San Francisco, TORA has over 250 employees across offices in Hong Kong, Jersey, New York, Romania, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo. More information is available at www.stage.toratrading.tw
Forefront Communications for TORA
Head of Marketing at TORA
01534 488 216