Tora Trading Services is a leading consulting and software development firm for Asian-Pacific financial markets with main offices in Tokyo, Hong-Kong, Singapore and Cluj-Napoca. We provide sophisticated trading software and consulting services to the financial industry. Our unique talent base of colleagues have expertise in Java Core, microservices, low latency and in financial trading such as order routing and execution, trade booking and settlement, product master and pricing databases or portfolio and risk management.
Tora Trading Services is looking to hire a Quality Assurance Engineer who is looking forward to developing a QA career in a highly professional environment and will be responsible for testing a Java client-server application. The application is created for post trading specific operations (e.g. cash settlement, reconciliation with 3rd parties). In this role, you will be responsible with both functional and non-functional testing, deploying new versions of the system, manage bugs and defects.
You’ll be part of a company spread across continents (Europe, North America, Asia), which has its research and development center located in Cluj-Napoca, so you can easily communicate with all your team members, being in the same office space.
The ability to see problems where others don’t and to put out-of-the-box questions that your team members don’t think about are key components for success in this position.
- Communicate with developers to gain functional and technical knowledge about our products;
- Review and clarify the requirements to create understandable and detailed test cases documents;
- Conduct tests and prepare understandable reports and detailed defects description;
- Install tests environments on Linux and Windows OS;
- Participate proactively in team meetings to maintain or improve team standards and best practices.
- At least 3 years of experience as a QA Engineer;
- Basic programming skills (ideally Java);
- Linux knowledge;
- Knowledge of Database concepts.
- Academic degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics or related disciplines.
- Curiosity, professional pessimism, a critical eye and attention to detail;
- High degree of organizational skills – you get the autonomy you need to do your daily tasks;
- Self-motivated, self-driven – you have to be able to deal with setbacks and continue to pursue goals despite obstacles;
- Positive team player attitude – we truly believe that software development is a team sport;
- Good interpersonal skills to communicate effectively about defects, failures, test results, test progress, risks, and to build positive relationships with colleagues;
- Advanced level in written and spoken English.
ADVANTAGE – what would be a plus:
- Exposure to agile methodologies such as Scrum;
- Innovation and initiative skills, in order to improve the existing testing processes and the overall quality of our products;
- A good understanding of financial and trading concepts.
Why would you join TORA:
- You will have the chance to be part of a team who enjoys to solve complex software development problems related to the world of electronic trading and cryptocurrencies;
- You will be part of a product company which is investing long term in the QA process, a company characterized by professionalism and collegiality, where you can have an impact through your drive and knowledge;
- You will be involved in different types of testing (e.g. functional, regression, exploratory, acceptance testing, etc.) given the complexity of our products.
Send your resume to [email protected] or apply online.
Apply Job Online