TORA is a leading provider of advanced trading technology and financial services. Our customers’ include internationally recognized hedge funds, mutual funds, and proprietary trading desks. Our solutions span the entire trading process, providing investment managers with a full suite of trade execution capabilities in markets across Asia, North America and Europe. We have over 250 employees globally, with offices in Tokyo, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney, Cluj-Napoca, Jersey (Channel Islands), New York and San Francisco.
TORA offers a global, dynamic, fast-paced workplace that attracts passionate professionals looking to advance their careers by joining a leader in the Financial Technology industry. Our culture was built upon an entrepreneurial spirit and complete focus on providing our clients with innovative products and outstanding services. We offer professional growth through international exposure, energetic culture, and excellent advancement opportunities.
The OEMS team is responsible for ensuring the stability of business-critical client and server-based application processes and their associated infrastructure.
- Proactive & reactive real-time monitoring of processes, connections & trade flows
- Investigate, triage, and troubleshoot production problems as they occur
- Investigation of written and verbal inquiries via log file and process analysis, e.g.session drops, order issues, flow breaks, booking issues
- Managing incidents by working closely with development, product and business units, tracking the issues and following up post event
- Escalating problems to core development and engineering groups in a clear and timely manner
- Conduct daily proactive & reactive ready-for-business checks
- Work as an integral part of a global team, standardizing documentation and knowledge sharing
- Help to write specifications and provide feedback to the development team for the tools used by support.
- Computer Science, MIS or Finance degree with proven technology skills/knowledge
- A highly motivated, self-starter who is happy working for demanding clients with excellent communication and interpersonal skills with professional ownership of issues
- Ability to work independently and handle complex tasks with little supervision
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to clearly present technology to a non-technical audience
- Understanding of how large-scale production systems are put together and experience with triaging and solving problems with them
- Excellent interpersonal skills in English, ability to create succinct and effective client communications and discuss complex problems clearly over the phone
- Good understanding of Unix/Linux commands
- Basic networking debugging skills
- Basic understanding of relational databases and the ability to form basic SQL queries
- Knowledge of the FIX protocol (or deep knowledge other protocols based on a specification)
- Understanding of Equity and Derivative products, how to price and their trading concepts
- Scripting skills (e.g. perl, python, shell)
- Prior experience working with international teams
- Prior application support experience/trade floor exposure
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with bug handling and/or QA