Tora Trading Services is a leading consulting and software development firm for Asian-Pacific financial markets with main offices in Tokyo, Hong-Kong, Singapore and Cluj-Napoca. We provide sophisticated trading software and consulting services to the financial industry. Our unique talent base of colleagues have expertise in Java Core, microservices, low latency and financial trading such as order routing and execution, trade booking and settlement, product master and pricing databases or portfolio and risk management.
We are looking for a Java Developer who has a solid software engineering background with excellent object-oriented programming skills, a passion for programming and for keeping code quality high.
The position requires to design, develop and troubleshoot complex software applications by using your knowledge on software design, distributed computing, networking and data storage, security, UI, mobile and other areas.
You’ll be part of a company spread across continents (Europe, North America, Asia), which has its research and development center located in Cluj-Napoca, so you can easily communicate with all your team members, being in the same office space.
- Contribute to all phases of the software development life cycle, from design to deployment and maintenance;
- Write well designed, testable and efficient code;
- Measure and track performance, latency, scalability and develop solutions to improve overall system health;
- Support services at system launch by developing monitoring tools, troubleshooting and root cause analysis for production issues escalated to the engineering team;
- Participate in code reviews;
- Gain a deep understanding of our products, from a technical but also from a business perspective;
- Use open source and other technologies outside of the JDK;
- Participate proactively in team meetings to maintain or improve team standards and best practices;
- Help grow the current and next generation of developers in writing clean code, by sharing best practices in software development.
- 3-5+ years of proven experience with Java SE core (collections, multithreading, I/O);
- Strong understanding of object oriented concepts;
- Good design capabilities, understanding of most common design patterns;
- Linux/Unix OS knowledge;
- Experience with unit testing (JUnit);
- Experience with version control systems (GitLab, Mercurial).
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent qualification as a software developer.
- Analytical thinking – you cultivated the habit of seeing a problem from multiple perspectives and not jumping to conclusions before looking for solid evidence;
- You enjoy software engineering, you’re curious and have a constant need for improvement;
- Solving problems is your driving force, especially when it comes to real business problems;
- You have the ability to work well with others – we truly believe that software development is a team sport and that the best software is made by the best functioning teams;
- Advanced level in written and spoken English.
ADVANTAGE – what would be a plus:
- Experience in developing real time systems;
- Good knowledge of programming principles: SOLID, DRY, Law of Demeter etc.;
- Experience with software practices like test driven development (TDD), continuous integration and continuous delivery;
- Exposure to agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban;
- A good understanding of financial and trading concepts.
Why would you join TORA:
- We are a product company – it’s up to us to find and implement the best solutions, and this means we are at the same time creative and critical thinkers to ensure the quality of what we do. By joining us you’ll get the chance to play both roles;
- You will work with smart, experienced and passionate colleagues who enjoy solving complex software development problems in a professional but still friendly environment;
- You will learn a lot. You will deepen your technical skills and gain business knowledge related to financial markets or crypto trading;
- Your day-to-day work will really have an impact, since our products are used by asset managers, hedge funds and banks all over the world.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to [email protected] or apply online.
Apply Job Online