Tora Trading Services is a leading consulting and software development firm for Asian-Pacific financial markets with offices in Tokyo, New York, Hong-Kong, Singapore and Cluj-Napoca. We provide sophisticated trading software and consulting services to the financial industry.Our unique talent base of software developers have expertise in the area of order routing and execution, trade booking and settlement, product master and pricing databases, valuation models, and other proprietary market analysis.
Tora Trading Services is looking to hire a Java Software Engineer to help expand its development capabilities with focus on building enterprise-grade applications. The candidate is required to have a solid software background with excellent Object-Oriented Programming skills. Financial experience is not required but it’s a plus.
The job requires you to be able to design, develop and troubleshoot complex software applications. We are looking for a Software Engineer who is passionate for programming and is keen on working in a rigorous and quality driven manner.
You’ll be part of a team spread across continents (Europe, Asia, America), so constant communication is a necessity. The ability to communicate effectively with team members, product owners and clients is a key component for success in this position.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Leverage open source and other technologies outside of the Java Core framework, should the need arise, and autonomously be able to make use of those technologies
- Develop cutting edge solutions to maximize performance and scalability of the system
- Provide troubleshooting and root cause analysis for production issues escalated to the engineering team
- Participate in code reviews
- Degree in computer science or equivalent qualification as a software development specialist
- Strong understanding of object oriented concepts
- Proven experience with Java SE core (collections, multithreading, I/O)
- Good design capabilities, understanding of most common design patterns
- Linux/Unix OS knowledge, experience with version control systems (GitLab, Mercurial) is an advantage
- Experience in developing real time systems, experience with unit testing (JUnit), test driven development are an advantage
- Strong communication abilities, good sense of humor with an open-minded attitude.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to [email protected]Apply Job Online