Scope of Role
The IT Engineer will work with a small, dedicated, and highly skilled IT team to implement data center and office infrastructure. TORA is a rapidly growing globally based company providing software solutions to the financial industry.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Define, implement, and adhere to IT strategy and best practices.
- Manage user account information, including rights, security and systems groups.
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify hardware and software needs.
- Lead hardware and software selection and procurement processes.
- Install, test, monitor, upgrade, troubleshoot and repair servers, PCs, networks and peripherals.
- Assist end users in resolving hardware and software issues; diagnose problems and performing troubleshooting activities as needed.
- Document, track, and monitor active issues to facilitate timely resolutions.
Qualification and Experiences
- Experience with networking, distributed systems, and installing and debugging multiple operating systems (Windows and Linux.)
- Strong customer service attitude and people skills.
- Knowledge of and experience in one or more specialized areas of IT such as Windows administration, Linux administration or Cisco IOS (CLI).
- Strong troubleshooting skills in a high-pressure environment.
- Understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, Email, HTTP, SSL, OSI model, and TCP/IP protocols and applications.
- Experience with data cabling and computer facilities maintenance.
- Initiative and drive; ability to self-manage, motivate, proactively learn necessary skills, manage tasks to completion with little supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Willingness to work flexible shifts and scheduling including nights, weekends and holidays.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume to [email protected] with the name of the position in the subject line.