TORA is a leading provider of advanced trading technology and financial services. Our customers’ include internationally recognized hedge funds, mutual funds, and proprietary trading desks. Our solutions span the entire trading process, providing traders with a full suite of trade execution capabilities in markets across Asia, North America and Europe. We have over 225 employees located in Tokyo, Hong Kong, Singapore, Cluj-Napoca and the San Francisco bay area.
TORA offers a dynamic, fast-paced workplace that attracts passionate professionals looking to advance their careers by joining a leader in the industry. Our culture was built upon an entrepreneurial spirit and complete focus on providing our clients innovative products and services. We offer professional growth through international exposure, an energetic culture and excellent advancement opportunities.
The Reference Data Analyst ensures the integrity and stability of data delivery to TORA’s financial technology platforms. The role works closely with other teams to manage the procurement, delivery, testing and improvement of TORA’s reference data offering.
- Business ownership of reference data delivery to end user applications
- Change management of reference data including:
- Investigation of reference data changes from exchanges and providers
- Communication of change impacts to business lines and support teams
- Authoring specifications to enable technical changes
- Full cycle project management for active reference data related improvements
- Ensuring quality delivery of date by writing scripts and using SQL queries to conduct automated test plans
- Ownership and management of reference data related issues originated by the support teams
- Documentation mapping usage of reference data fields to specific functions in the TORA platform
- Developing reports and forming critical opinions with an emphasis on data improvement
- Managing product master coverage and ensuring proper compliance for various symbology formats such as ISIN, CUSIP, SEDOL, RIC, Bloomberg codes, etc.
- Expanding corporate actions coverage and end of day pricing management for the US and EU markets
- Evaluation of vendor offerings
- In depth knowledge of market data concepts with an emphasis on reference data for corporate actions including items like shares on issue, dividends, capital changes and equity issuance events
- Understanding of the different delivery models for processing reference data
- Extensive knowledge of relational databases and SQL syntax for writing custom queries.
- Experience with project management in a global environment using agile methodologies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a professional ownership of issues
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to clearly convey complex financial services related concepts
- Agile project management/product owner experience
- Prior reference data support experience
- 2+ years experience working with relational databases
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
To apply for this position, please send your resume to [email protected]